Friday, November 19, 2010

Orange Pudding


This is for Nov 2010 Rookie Painter challenge. It's oil on 6x8 canvas panel.

This month's challenge is an orange colored pudding. (ref photo) To be honest, I've had chocolate pudding before, I've had orange jello before, but I've never had orange pudding. So I'm not sure what it tastes like. From the look of the picture, it looks as if this may taste very sweet, almost like an orange marmalade.

I thought about doing this painting using landscape orientation, but then the bowl would be too small. So I kept the vertical feel of his painting, and made the spoon go out of canvas. I started by putting an acrylic ground of purplish black. The oil palette I used included cadmium yellow pale, cadmium orange, cadmium red, alizarin, burnt sienna, ultramarine violet, ultramarine blue, Payne's Grey and white.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful painting, Rebecca!I was impressed by the strongness of your orange glass!Bravo!

    ReplyDelete