Friday, December 31, 2010

Twilight Game


This is for Dec 2010 Virtual Paintout, County Clare, Ireland. It's oil on 6x8 canvas board.

This is my post holiday post vacation attempt at the challenge. I had picked out a few scenes and chose this one to paint before my family took off for two week vacation. Now we just came back, I'm pulling a late night finish this one. What struck me with this scene was the interesting Z shape greens, and the close up shot of this pitching scene. (ref photo) Painting all these greens turned out to be a bit challenging, as there are many variations of green here. The basic green is viridian, mixed in with cadmium yellow, ultramarine violet, violet grey etc. I made the sky more orange to give it more a twilight feel.

2 comments:

  1. Nice find in Ireland Rebecca! playing with all those greens gave your painting more dimension.....I wasted too much time "traveling" around and didn't get a painting in this time. See you at the next Virtual location perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! I also traveled way too much and wound up with a last minute painting. I kept thinking I'd find something better to paint if I kept looking! Love the greens you did in this. This painting has me watching & waiting for the shot to be made. I wonder if he was able to chip his ball onto the green..... nice work.

    ReplyDelete