Saturday, April 21, 2012

Boats at Nowa Motlawa


This is for Virtual Paintout April 2012 Gdansh Poland challenge. It's oil with palette knives on 10x12 canvas panel.

This is my second submission to this month's challenge. I wanted to try something different with this painting. As I have not painted with solely palette knives before, I decided that I would give it a go. I chose this relatively straight forward boat river scene around Nowa Motlawa and Stagiewna. (ref) I had a lot of fun painting with palette knives since I had to loosen up my strokes and increase the amount of paint that I had usually used before. So I will definitely do some more palette knife paintings in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebecca:) Well you did a great job for a first palletknife painting. Very beautiful! Love the colors and the boats:)

    ReplyDelete