Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bronze Scuplture and Two Pigeons

This is for A Day Not Wasted, April 2012 challenge. It's oil on 10x12 canvas panel.

I've never done a sculpture painting before, so I couldn't pass up this challenge (ref), especially with the nice outdoor lighting and the two pigeons! I wanted to make this painting more dramatic and to focus on the study of the sculpture, so I made the background black to contrast the bronze man bust, and used a relatively simple palette, which included mainly cerulean, cobalt teal, hooker green, ultramarine violet, Paynes grey, prussian blue, cadmium yellow and white.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rebecca:) Wonderful job on this challenge. Love the light on the sculpture! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca, I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete