Saturday, September 8, 2012

George at Huashan

We visited Xian, China last year, and my brother George tagged along since he happened to be in Shanghai for business. We visited the famous Terracotta Warriors in Xian, and also went outside of Xian for a scenic visit to Huashan where a famous Chinese Kung Fu novel took place.  

The view was breath taking, but there were so many tourists. I took a picture of George taking pictures, and thought it would make an interesting little painting, minus all the tourists in the background.The background mountains were done using diluted oil color wash, then the person was painted on with solid oil color. I had to shorten George's legs in the painting (sorry, G) since my canvas was limited and his feet would have been at the bottom edge of the 10x14 canvas panel had I kept his proportion.  I also kept the painting rather minimalist to give an airy feel.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Rebecca:) Very nice painting and composition! Well done with the legs:)

    ReplyDelete