Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Eel Pond Sunset

This was originally for Virtual Paintout January 2014 Cape Cod challenge. It's oil on F3 canvas panel.

Every summer we go to Martha's Vineyard. The ferry we take starts from Falmouth. So I decided to start my virtual tour in Falmouth. Before long, I came upon Eel Pond in Falmouth, not too far from Steamship Authority. (Ref). I decided to use a orange vs blue contrast to depict a sunset theme.

After I submitted the painting, Bill Guffy pointed out the scene was not from Google Street Map. The picture was a 360 degree photo by someone! Gasp! I was fooled into thinking it was a Google Street map since it's a 360, and had a URL address.  So the painting was no accepted. Oh well, nonetheless I had fun doing this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment