Friday, May 30, 2014

Lago Buenos Aires Shore

This is my second submission for Virtual Paintout May 2014 Chile challenge. It's water color on  9x12 water color paper.

Recently I came across a book by a Japanese water color artist Abe Toshiyuki whose art works  of nature have a strong sense of light and meditative quality. I saw this book at a art supply store Sekaidou in Tokyo. The book was written mostly in Japanese, with partial English translation. I was learning both water color painting and a new language at the same time!

One of the techniques Mr. Toshiyuki employed was the use of masking fluid. I wanted to give it a try. So I used a scene which is not too far from the first scene I used for this month's challenge. (Ref). I thought water color would be great to paint water, and I used the masking fluid for the highlights of the leaves and lower vegetational. 

No comments:

Post a Comment